In this week’s episode of your favorite Korean Adoptee podcast, the Janchi Boys take a break. That’s right, y’all; school’s out for the summer! The guys chat about doing the show every week for the last year and a half and why we’re going on an extended break for the first time. KAAN, current events, honeymoons, we touch on everything. Thank you to all of our spectacular guests we’ve had so far, thank you to everyone who has listened and built this community alongside us, and ra special thank you to Jerry Won and Katie Gagel, our producer and social media manager, for doing the things behind the scenes to make this show a reality.
We’ll be back soon!
Oh, and we brought a snack this time. 건배!
- Learn more about KAAN and register here!
- Sign the petition in support of the Adoptee Citizenship Act!
// Support/Follow the Show!
The Janchi Show Quick Bio
We’re three Korean Adoptees spread out around America and each of us are at different stages in life. We’ll talk about the Korean adoptee experience from our perspectives and learn more about our shared culture, usually with food. And it won’t just be the three of us; each week we’ll have other adoptees from all over the world joining us to talk about what makes us similar and what makes us unique. So join the party!
// Meet the Janchi Boys!
Nathan was adopted from Seoul at 5 months old and raised in a small town in Oklahoma by a loving family and non-biological adopted sister. After college in Colorado he later moved to Los Angeles to pursue a digital media career and eventually started 2 photography companies. He has a wife and 3 kids and has reconnected with his biological family in 2014. In 2021, Nathan and his family moved back to Colorado to be closer to family and start a new chapter in their lives.
Connect with Nathan!
- Website: http://www.nathannowack.com
- LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/nathann/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/nowackphoto
Patrick was adopted from Seoul and grew up in Rensselaer, Indiana. He attended college at Purdue before working in a number of different industries over the next decade. He has been an advocate for numerous causes, including the undocumented adoptee community and the Asian American community. He also speaks on his personal story with adoption and identity. Currently, Patrick resides in Indianapolis with his wife and their cat and enjoys comics, adaptations of comics, and Purdue sports.
Connect with Patrick!
- Website: http://patrickintheworld.me
- LinkedIn: http://linkedin/in/patrickarmstrong219
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/patrickintheworld
KJ was adopted from Daegu and raised in Dallas, Texas with his two biological, older siblings and his younger sister, adopted from Russia. After spending a decade in the Midwest for college and career, he and his wife are back in Dallas and living large! He has been on his journey of discovery since 2015 and spends his days populating the internet with content.
Connect with K.J.!
// Listen to/Watch The Janchi Show on all major platforms:
- Apple: https://janchishow.com/apple
- Spotify: https://janchishow.com/spotify
- Youtube: https://janchishow.com/youtube
// Join the Asian Podcast Network:
- Website: https://asianpodcastnetwork.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/asianpodcastnetwork/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asianpodcastnetwork/
// The Janchi Show is produced by Just Like Media:
- Website: http://www.justlikemedia.com
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/justlikemedia
Executive Producer: Jerry Won
Creative Director: Michelle Nam
Audio & Video Engineer: K.J. Roelke & Patrick Armstrong
Show Art by: Nathan Nowack